CALENDAR OF EVENTS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH
- Deadline for interested participants to email their application submissions by 5pm.
- There is only space to accommodate a maximum of 12 entries. Entries will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis. Don't procrastinate!
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18TH
- Creative Room will announce successful applicants and post them on the Gingerbread Competition and Charity Auction website (www.creativeroom.ca/gingerbread)
- A confirmation email will be sent to successful teams with a link to pay the $50 application fee via PayPal. If alternative payment methods are neccessary, please let us know.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3RD
- Deadline to deliver completed gingerbread house (location TBA)
- Gingerbread houses will be displayed to the general public for the week preceding the gala event at the Museum of Vancouver.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10TH
- The gala event will be held at Museum of Vancouver from 7-10 pm. There will be drinks, and a lively creative atmosphere. Black turtleneck optional.
- Gingerbread Houses will be judged by a select panel and the winner will get a prize!
- All Gingerbread Houses will be sold at silent auction, with proceeds going to Architecture for Humanity (Vancouver Chapter).
- Tickets for this event will be sold to the public for $20 each. Each team that submits an entry will receive 3 free tickets to the event.
- Teams are invited to either make models replicating existing architectural gems, or come up with an original design.
- The base must be a maximum of 16” x 16”, with a maximum height of 16”.
- The vast majority of the house must be constructed of gingerbread and be edible (i.e. no glue!).
- All non-edible materials must be clearly visible.
- material expression
- consideration of landscape
- use of lighting